Do you have a question about relationships and flirting?

You can email me about any of your relationship and flirtation questions, and I'll be happy to address them in my blog. Won't that be fun! Its very Dear Abby, but hey...I'm just as good as she is! Just put "Dear Ottis" in the subject. Make sure your letters are annoymous though, to protect you and me. Send all questions to DearOttis@gmail.com

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Political Love Letter


The Following unique letter was written by a Greenfield young man to a young lady in Lockwood. It's a good example of how fun flirtation can be:

My Dear Miss,

I hereby announce myself a candidate for your hand and shall use all fair and honorable means to secure the nomination. I know there are many candidates in the field, and I hesitated long before entering the race, but now I am in it to stay.

My view on love and matrimony have often been stated in your hearing and now I need not repeat them here. You know I favor a gold standard of love--a 100-cent dollar love--and a maintenance of that standard after marriage.

If you decide to confer upon me the honor I seek, please fix a date for a caucus with your mother. I have no objection to her acting as temporary chairman, provided it is clearly understood that I am to be chairman of the permanent organization. Should the result of the caucus prove satisfactory we can soon hold the primaries and select the date and place of holding the convention.

I have never believed in long campaigns so if you decide to honor me I would ask you to fix the convention date as early as possible.

Devotedly Yours.

The following was telegram answered it:

Caucus unnecessary; nomination unanimous. Come at once and fix date of ratification.

3 comments: