Do you have a question about relationships and flirting?

You can email me about any of your relationship and flirtation questions, and I'll be happy to address them in my blog. Won't that be fun! Its very Dear Abby, but hey...I'm just as good as she is! Just put "Dear Ottis" in the subject. Make sure your letters are annoymous though, to protect you and me. Send all questions to DearOttis@gmail.com

Monday, January 25, 2010

Dear Ottis,

I have an important question. I am a member of a minority ethnic group here in Provo. Recently I have noticed a guy who is of similar ethnic origin but has more knowledge of the culture than I do because I was adopted. I went to high school with this guy and now he has returned from his mission and works at the bank I go to. I want to approach him and talk to him but I am too scared to do it. The easy way is to avoid him by going to the teller that I'm familiar with and just avoid talking to him. So should I approach him or not?

Sincerely,

Very Shy


Dear Very Shy,

Thank you very much for writing in. I've enjoyed pondering your question. I think the answer is simple: yes! Go for it!

Now, it seems to me like you're a pretty shy person, though I could be wrong. I have my very shy moments myself. But, I hope you realize that you can take great confidence in yourself as you approach a guy. This is actually an ideal setting, if I do say so. You have this added bonus of a legit reason to go talk to him. Ask him about your shared culture. You can learn a lot about yourself that way, and get close and flirty with a guy all at the same time. And if you can approach that situation with confidence, then that will come off as even more attractive. I know that it can seem like a daunting task, but its one that gets easier with time, practice, and confidence. So, just go up there, and be you.

I hope you have wonderful success in this. Please keep me updated on the situation, and I hope I can offer you more advice in the future! Happy Flirting!!

Ottis

No comments:

Post a Comment