Do you have a question about relationships and flirting?

You can email me about any of your relationship and flirtation questions, and I'll be happy to address them in my blog. Won't that be fun! Its very Dear Abby, but hey...I'm just as good as she is! Just put "Dear Ottis" in the subject. Make sure your letters are annoymous though, to protect you and me. Send all questions to DearOttis@gmail.com

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Let the Christmas Season Begin

I wanted to start off this Christmas season with a little poem that I find just lovely.  It was written by Alan and Marilyn Bergman and is called Wishes and Candles.  It embodies everything that this holy season should be about: caring, family, helping, laughter, smiles, and peace.  The poem was later used by a Stephen Paulus, a wonderful composer.  The BYU Combined Choirs just sang it this year at their Celebration Of Christmas concert.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.



We have a wish for each candle we light,
making this Christmastide shiny and bright.
A wish for the children, the young, and the old,
to never go hungry, to never by cold.
Wishes and candles and love and laughter,
mem'ries we'll treasure forever after.
Fam'lies are gathered with presents to share.
The best gift of all is that ev'ryone's there.

A wish for the people who walk all alone, 
A roof over head and a bed of their own.
A candle for those in the need of a friend, 
a hand and a smile by the holiday's end.
Wishes and candles, they warm the season,
hope for a world filled with peace and reason.
Think of the love that is waiting for you,
when all of our Christmas wishes come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment